Inhalt des Trainings
This 5-day course is considered essential for anyone who would like to expand their knowledge about Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) in Microsoft technologies. During the course PKI is covered in depth, starting from the best practices for implementing secure and reliable PKI and ending up with most common scenarios of certificates usage in the enterprise environment.
To get more practice we offer three extra weeks of labs online!
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the core essence of PKI and cryptography.
- Evaluate and select appropriate PKI technologies.
- Install and configure PKI environments according to the best practices taken from practical experience.
- Secure existing PKI infrastructure.
- Choose appropriate types and manage the certificate lifecycle.
- Understand the benefits of certificates used in the infrastructure.
- Adjust PKI to your business needs.
- Become familiar with enterprise solutions that uses PKI and certificates for security.
- Configure and use certificates in: IIS, VPN, Wi-Fi, file encryption, e-mail security and many more.
Personen, die für die Implementierung von Netzwerk- und Perimetersicherheit verantwortlich sind, Chief Security Officers
Module 1: Essence of PKI
This module introduces cryptography basics and fundamentals of public key infrastructure with detailed information about certificates
Module 2: Designing and implementing CA Hierarchy
- Cryptography basics
- Fundamentals of PKI
- Certificate types (X.509)
- Certification authorities
- Certificate Revocation Lists
Module 2 covers one of the most important topics for successful and secure deployment of PKI in enterprise environment
Module 3: PKI in Windows domain
- Preparing AD Environment
- Implementing CA Hierarchy
- Securing CA Hierarchy
- Role separation
- Security Policy
In this module, you will become familiar with important aspects of implementing PKI in Windows Server 2019 environment
Module 4: Upgrading PKI Infrastructure
- Configuring Certificate Templates
- Configuring Certificate Enrollment
- Configuring Key Archival and Recovery
- Configuring Trust Between Organizations
This module focuses on supported scenarios and challenges regarding migration and upgrade of existing infrastructure.
Module 5: PKI Security
- Supported scenarios
- Upgrading certificate templates
- Migration scenarios
This module reviews all aspects of security of PKI and certificates. We also cover physical security and usage of smartcards, TPM and HSM.
Module 6: Securing applications with PKI
- Deploying certificates to Domain Controllers
- Certificate Revocation
- Certificate Validation
- CDP, AIA and OCSP
- Planning and implementing disaster recovery
- Deploying Smart Cards
- TPM Virtual Smartcard
- Private key security with HSM
This module focuses on day-to-day operation and challenges in securing applications with certificates.
Module 7: PKI for network security
- Secure IIS Traffic with SSL
- IIS certificate store security
- IIS users authentication
- Windows logon with Smart Cards
- E-mail security
- Encrypting file systemg.Document and code signing
Last module covers how to use to PKI to increase network security.
- Wireless Networking
- 802.1X and NPS
- Radius server
- Mobile devices certificates with MDM, SCEP and NDE