Ansible for Network Automation (DO457) is designed for network administrators or infrastructure automation engineers who want to use network automation to centrally manage the switches, routers, and other devices in the organization's network infrastructure.
Learn how to use Red Hat Ansible Automation for Networking to remotely automate configuration of network devices, test and validate the current network state, and perform compliance checks to detect and correct configuration drift.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
This course is based on Red Hat® Ansible Engine 2.5 and Red Hat® Ansible Tower 3.2.
- Install and configure Red Hat Ansible Automation for Networking on a management system
- Use Ansible to run ad hoc commands and playbooks to automate tasks
- Write effective Ansible playbooks for network automation
- Gather information about network infrastructure configuration and backup
- Automate specific network administration use cases, including configuration of routers and switches, ports, VLANs, SNMP monitoring, and routing protocols
- Use Ansible playbooks to target devices from various hardware vendors, including Cisco, Juniper, and Arista
This course is intended for:
- Networt Admins, Network Automation Engineers, Infrastructure Automation Engineers, who want to learn how to use Ansibel to automate the administration, deployment and configuration management of the network infrastructure of their organization or enterprise
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- Experience with network administration, including a solid understanding of TCP/IP, routers, and managed switches
- Familiarity with managing network devices from the command line, preferably with one or more of Cisco IOS, IOS XR, or NX-OS; Juniper JUNOS; Arista EOS; or VyOS
- A working knowledge of Linux, including how to edit text files and run commands from the shell, and how to use SSH to log in to remote systems
- Knowledge equivalent to Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) or better is strongly recommended
- Prior Ansible knowledge is not required
- Deploy Ansible
- Install Ansible and set up Ansible inventories.
- Run commands and plays
- Execute ad hoc commands and prepare Ansible playbooks.
- Parameterize Ansible
- Control tasks with loops and conditionals.
- Administer Ansible
- Safeguard information with Ansible Vault and manage advanced inventories.
- Automate simple networking operations
- Gather network information with Ansible and modify networks.
- Automate complex operations
- Solve new MACD challenges and resolve real-world problems.