IBM Spectrum Protect, formerly known as IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, is a data backup and recovery solution designed to help you manage your data retention, reduce the cost of storage, and provide appropriate recovery point objectives to meet any service level agreement. IBM Spectrum Protect offers improved efficiency and flexibility using object-based data management, policy driven retention, and an easy to use interface, the Operations Center. In this advanced-level course, you streamline your daily operations by implementing the latest features, such as inline data deduplication using storage containers, secure communications, and node replication. You use the Operations Center and administrative command line to manage multiple IBM Spectrum Protect servers and nodes. The hands-on exercises are performed on two Windows 2012 R2 virtual machines. This course is the second in a two-course series. It is for storage administrators familiar with the daily management of IBM Spectrum Protect, and focuses on the latest features, such as container pool storage. Basic concepts and installation are not covered in this course. TS617G
, the first course in the series, IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.6 Implementation and Administration, covers basic administration and installation.
Nach Abschluss dieses Seminars haben die Teilnehmer Wissen zu folgenden Themen:
Describe a multi-server IBM Spectrum Protect storage environment.
- Manage storage containers and traditional storage pools.
- Configure a multi-server environment.
- Improve data protection and recovery with replication.
- Enable advanced client functions.
- Protect and monitor the IBM Spectrum Protect environment.
- Use scripting to automate daily processing.
- Optimize the IBM Spectrum Protect server and client.
- Troubleshoot common problems.
- Describe the other IBM Spectrum Protect family products.