This workshop is intended for TSM technical professionals, storage administrators and operators who would like to get an understanding of the new key IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1 (or later!) features.
Project managers or consultants may also benefit. A VMWare workshop-Image will be used for hands-on exercises.
Nach Abschluss dieses Seminars haben die Teilnehmer Wissen zu folgenden Themen:
Für den Workshop werden immer die zu dem Zeitpunkt der Durchführung aktuellen TSM/ISP Software Versionen verwendet.
Multi-TSM/ISP environment - Replication between TSM/ISP servers
TSM/ISP integrated Servermon feature – how it works and how to get out Servermon infos from TSM/ISP DB2 database
- Establish BA Client Replication between two TSM/ISP servers (SRS (Source Replication Server) & TRS (Target Replication Server))
- Use & understand the different replication techniques: “Node Replication”, “Protect Stgpool" & the new possibility of using a “Define Stgrule xx actiontype=replication” (SRS & two TRS)
- Automatic BA Client failover tests to TWO TRS
BA Client: describe and use the latest Web Server access possibilities (“Self Service”) for backup, archive, restore & retrieve via a Web Browser Access.
Additional Policy-Management capabilities with Retention Sets & Retention Rules
Describe and use directory container pools
Describe and use the possibility of generating node-level data deduplication reports
- Audit- , repair-, defrag chunk processes and handling / manipulate chunk/extent-sizes
- Move container(s) using TSM/ISP scripts/selects
- Convert stgpool command
Describe and use the possibility of de- & re-commissioning a BA client node
Describe operation center improvements – e.g.:
Describe the capabilities of the Representational State Transfer (REST) API (part of CMS (Client Management Service) / OC (Operation Center)) & and new CMS integration for BA Client >= 8.1.13 level (e.g.: no separate installation needed any more)
- Problem Determ. improvements – simple Activity Log Search with Active/Completed Tasks
- Reporting Wizard
Describe the different TSM/ISP storage pool types and their usage (optionally describe the connection / data transfer possibilities between TSM/ISP and SPP (IBM Spectrum Protect Plus)
Describe Storage Rules for e.g. “Audit Container”, “Copy & Tiering” of container pool data to other storage pools
- In this context: describe the new OSSM (Open Snap Store Manager) feature for a DIRECT connection between a TSM/ISP container storage pool & SPP without using SPP VSNAP pools (tech. preview in TSM/ISP 8.1.15).
Use the TLS 1.3 - gsk8capicmd_64 command to manage TSM/ISP certificates
Describe DB2 Database – Table/Index – processes and use IBM supplied “Analyse” Perl script