This course introduces the fundamentals of DevOps. It explains the key principles and practices that underpin DevOps and helps attendees to understand the benefits that a DevOps approach could have for their own organizations, and potential problems that should be addressed. The course includes discussion of people, process and technology aspects of DevOps, and provides practical suggestions of steps that attendees can take to start introducing DevOps.
After you successfully complete this course, expect to be able to:
- Issues around organizational separation of IT development and IT operations, and how these can have a negative impact on both IT and the business
- How DevOps builds on existing concepts and approaches such as ITIL, Agile, and Kanban
- The role of continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment in DevOps
- Organizational issues relating to DevOps and understanding of options for DevOps organizational design
- The role that tools play in DevOps
- Possible approaches to get started on a DevOps journey