This HPE NonStop Administration course is the second of three courses to make you familiar with administering an HPE NonStop System. In this 5 day class we build on the basic skills acquired in the first class, giving a more detailed knowledge of monitoring the system, with a strong emphasis on problem recognition, reporting and resolution, including escalation where necessary. The course is 60% lecture and 40% hands on labs using HPE servers.
After you successfully complete this course, expect to be able to:
- Provide an overview of the NonStop series server.
- Describe computing environments and operator tasks
- Provide an overview of OSM, TACL, and SCF.
- Demonstrate the use of TACL, FUP, and SCF commands
- Understand the use of the StoreEasy Management Tools
- Describe how to view, modify, and correct security, disks, tapes, processes, and application related problems.
- Demonstrate how to view, modify, and correct system spooler and print job problems.
- Describe how to view, modify, and correct communications subsystems related problems.
- Strong emphasis on problem recognition, reporting and resolution, including escalation where necessary.