Designed for experienced IT professionals, you will learn to build and combine App Layers to optimize management of your app and desktop images and to implement Workspace Environment Management to improve log-on times, centralize user settings management, and optimize the performance of machines.
You will leave this course with a good understanding of how to manage more complex solutions and features in your Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7 site.
What you’ll learn
- How to configure Workspace Environment Management to improve the end user environment and virtual resource consumption.
- How to migrate to Workspace Environment Management
- App Layering skills to create and administer OS, platform, application, elastic and user layers
This course is currently on Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7 1903
Built for experienced IT Professionals familiar with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 in an on-premises environment or Citrix Cloud looking to expand their Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops skills to an advanced level.
Potential students include administrators or engineers responsible for the Citrix Apps and Desktop 7 Site.
Strong foundational knowledge of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.
Citrix recommends students prepare for this course by taking the following course:
Module 1 Introduction to App Layering
Module 2 The OS Layer
Module 3 The Platform Layer
- App Layering Introduction
- Architecture and How it Works
Module 4 The App Layers
Module 5 Creating Elastic App and User Layers
- Creating a Platform Layer
Module 6 Deploying a Layered Image using Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Elastic App Layering
- User Layers
Module 7 Exploring Layer Priority
Module 8 Maintaining an App Layering Environment
- Using Templates in App Layering
- Using Layered Images in a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site
Module 9 Introduction to Workspace Environment Management (WEM)
- Updating Layers
- Maintaining and Updating the App Layering Environment
- Common App Layering Considerations and Additional Resources
Module 10 Using WEM to Centralize Environment Management
- Workspace Environment Management (WEM) Introduction
- WEM Administration
Module 11 Using WEM for Performance Optimization
- Managing User Resources with WEM
- Managing Profiles with WEM
- Managing Endpoints with the WEM Transformer Feature
Module 12 Using WEM to Secure Environments
Module 13 Migrating and Upgrading WEM
- Optimizing Machine Performance with WEM
- Optimizing User Experience with WEM
- Migrating to WEM
- Upgrading a WEM Deployment
- WEM Multi-Location Considerations