IBM FlashSystem V9000 is a comprehensive all-flash enterprise storage solution that delivers the full capabilities of IBM FlashCore technology. FlashSystem V9000 offers a rich set of storage virtualization features designed to improve efficiency, management, scalability and flexibility for any storage environments. FlashSystem V9000 delivers industry-leading value to enterprises along three dimensions: Scalable Performance, Enduring Economics, and Agile Integration.
This course focuses on the planning and implementation tasks associated with integrating the FlashSystem V9000 into the storage area network, and facilitate storage application data access independence from storage management functions and requirements.
Nach Abschluss dieses Seminars haben die Teilnehmer Wissen zu folgenden Themen:
- Outline the benefits of implementing an FlashSystem V9000 all-flash storage virtualization solution.
- Differentiate between the FlashSystem V9000 9846-AC3 control enclosure and the 9846-AE2 expansion enclosure models.
- Outline the physical and logical requirements to integrate the FlashSystem V9000 system solution.
- Implement the FlashSystem V9000 GUI and CLI system setup to configure the V9000 all-flash systems.
- Summarize the symmetric virtualization process to convert physical storage into virtual storage resources.
- Implement volume allocations and map volumes to SAN attached host systems.
- Summarize the advanced system management strategies to maintain storage efficiency, enhance storage performance and reliability.
- Employ data migration strategies to the virtualized FlashSystem V9000 system environment.
- Employ administration operations to maintain system ability.
Dieses Seminar richtet sich an:
- Technical IBM personnel
- Business Partner technical personnel
- IT consultants and architects
Für dieses Seminar werden folgende Kenntnisse empfohlen:
- Introduction to Storage (SS01G)
- Storage Area Networking Fundamentals (SN71) or equivalent experience
- An understanding of the basic concepts of open systems disk storage system and I/O operations
- Day 1
- Unit 1: IBM FlashSystem V9000 Introduction
- Unit 2: Emergence of flash storage
- Unit 3: IBM FlashCore Technology
- Unit 4: IBM FlashSystem V9000 hardware architecture
- Unit 5: FlashSystem V9000 installation and configuration
- Exercise 00: Lab environment overview
- Exercise 01: System initial configuration with Service Assistant
- Exercise 02: FlashSystem V9000 System Setup
- Exercise 03: System user authentication
- Exercise 04: Provision internal storage
- Day 2
- Unit 6: FlashSystem V9000 storage provisioning
- Unit 7: FlashSystem V9000 host and volume administration
- Unit 8: FlashSystem V9000 advanced features
- Exercise 05: Managing external storage resources
- Exercise 06: Host definitions and volume allocations
- Exercise 07: Access V9000 storage from host servers
- Exercise 08: Thin Provision and Volume Mirroring
- Exercise 09: Easy Tier Hybrid pool implementation
- Day 3
- Unit 9: Spectrum Virtualize data migration
- Unit 10: Spectrum Virtualize Copy Services
- Exercise 10: V9000 data pool migration
- Exercise 11: Migrate existing data with Import Wizard GUI
- Exercise 12: Migrate existing data with Migration Wizard
- Exercise 13: Migrate existing data with Import Wizard CLI
- Day 4
- Unit 11: FlashSystem V9000 administration management
- Exercise 14: Real-time Compression and IBM Comprestimator
- Exercise 15: FlashCopy and consistency groups
- Exercise 16: FlashCopy Snapshot monitoring user roles and access
- Exercise 17: Easy Tier and STAT analysis
- Class Review and Evaluation