Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP Solutions (RH259) is designed to teach Linux® administrators how to adapt Red Hat® Enterprise Linux for the installation and operation of the in-memory database SAP HANA. This course discusses the system architecture with a focus on performance tuning and troubleshooting in order to meet the requirements of SAP.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4.
Nach Abschluss dieses Seminars haben die Teilnehmer Wissen zu folgenden Themen:
- Build knowledge needed to install and operate SAP HANA successfully on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
- Review techniques on performance tuning and troubleshooting to get the most out of Red Hat Enterprise Linux when using SAP products.
This course is designed for system administrators who manage SAP environments on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and are interested in learning how to get the storage and network performance required.
Get help in Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Perform service management and boot troubleshooting
- Resolve problems using Red Hat support utilities and on-line systems.
Configure system tunables
- Control and monitor system daemons and troubleshoot the Red Hat Enterprise Linux boot process.
Manage IPV4 networking review
- Learn several methods to configure operating system tuning parameters.
Execute network teaming
- Configure and troubleshoot basic IPv4 networking on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
Update software packages
- Learn how to configure 803.3ad network link aggregation.
Manage tuned profiles
- Download, install, update, and manage software packages from Red Hat and YUM package repositories.
Limit resource usage
- Deploy the automatic tuning daemon and create tuned profiles.
Understand storage profiling
- Configure POSIX resource limits and manage control groups.
Tune file systems
- Describe and use tools to generate a storage profile.
Explore SAP HANA architecture
- Tune Linux filesystems for a database workload.
Learn Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA
- Understand the core concepts of the SAP HANA architecture.
Consider Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA deployment options
- Understand the requirements of and how to install the SAP HANA add-on for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and SAP HANA Express.
- Learn various ways to deploy Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA in the cloud or using Red Hat® Satellite or Red Hat® Ansible Automation.