Jetzt auch über ETC erhältlich: Microsoft Premier Workshops buchen!
This course will provide you the knowledge to understand the key principles of fulfilling the role of an enterprise Database Administrator. This course will cover how to manage and monitor a SQL Server environment to meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs), highlights new features with SQL Server and how they can be used in your environment.
It will also provide hands-on experience working with SQL Server 2016/2017, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Clustering, and SQL Server/SQL Database in Microsoft Azure. This workshop is targeted at IT staff who have designed, deployed, administered or managed an enterprise SQL Server Infrastructure for at least one full year.
It is targeted at IT staff who have designed, deployed, administered or managed an enterprise SQL Server infrastructure for at least one full year.
This course assumes a basic level of knowledge with SQL Server.
- Service Management
- Understanding Service Level Agreements
- SQL Server High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Defining High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Server Architectures: Standalone and Failover Cluster Instances
- Server Architectures: Availability Groups
- Backup and Restore Strategies
- SQL Server Performance
- What are Performance-Based SLAs?
- Architecture Sizing Considerations
- Monitoring and Tools
- Using DMVs and SQL Server Waits to Monitor Performance
- Using SQL Nexus
- Common SQL Server Settings
- Common Database Settings
- Common Windows Server Settings
- Database Maintenance Fundamentals
- Resource Governor
- In-Memory and Columnstore Technologies
- Query Store
- Temporal Tables
- Other SQL Server Enhancements
- SQL Server Management Studio Features
- Adaptive Query Processing
- Automatic Tuning
- SQL Graph Database
- SQL on Linux
- SQL on Azure
- SQL Server Security
- SQL Server Service Accounts Best Practices
- Backup Encryption
- Column Level Encryption
- SSL Encryption
- Transparent Data Encryption
- Overview of Always Encrypted
- How To Use Always Encrypted
- Dynamic Data Masking
- Row Level Security