This three-day SharePoint developer workshop introduces students to the development tools, patterns, practices, concepts, and frameworks necessary to create SharePoint customizations in both on-premise and cloud based SharePoint platforms.
This workshop contains Level-300 content that will help students gain a practical understanding of developing customizations for SharePoint and provides the opportunity to experience SharePoint development concepts though hands-on-labs.
After attending this workshop, students will:
• Gain a deep understanding of the SharePoint development frameworks and patterns and be able to quickly apply these practices in their working environment
• Understand what is new and improved in SharePoint, and learn to leverage all the SharePoint development tools.
• Learn how to leverage the SharePoint Add-In Model and RESTful web services to provide rich data interaction.
• Explore how to leverage Cloud services in combination with other SharePoint services, such as Events, Workflow, and Business Connectivity Services (BCS).
• Learn to efficiently leverage the improved Search and Enterprise Content Management/Web Content Management features.
This advanced course is targeted at IT pros who have some experience with SharePoint Development frameworks, and development tools such as Visual Studio, and Visual Studio Code. The course is designed with the expectation that students will have at least six months of experience working with SharePoint and/or SharePoint development tools.
- Module 1
- Overview of SharePoint Development
- Module 2
- Developer Tools
- Add-In Fundamentals
- Deploying Add-Ins
- Module 3
- SharePoint APIs
- PnP Core CSOM & JS
- PnP PowerShell
- REST & OData
- Module 4
- SharePoint Branding Concepts
- Module 5
- Introduction to the SharePoint Framework (SPFx)
- Module 6
- Remote Event Receivers
- Module 7
- SharePoint Authentication and Security
- OAuth High Trust / Low Trust Introduction
- Module 8
- Introduction to SharePoint Search
- Search Driven Content Development
- Module 9
- Introduction to Microsoft Flow
- Introduction to Microsoft PowerApps
- Introduction to Microsoft PowerBI