This three-day instructor-led course is about writing TSQL queries for the purpose of database reporting, analysis, and business intelligence. Specifically, this course presents TSQL within the context of data analysis – in other words, making meaning from the data rather than transaction-oriented data-tier application development. The course starts with a brief discussion of levels of measurement and quantitative research methodogy, and integrates these concepts into each TSQL topic presented. The goal is to provide a consistent, direct, and purposeful learning path from RDBMS data retrieval through analytical tools such as SQL Server Reporting Services, PowerBI, Excel, R, SAS, and SPSS.
Nach Abschluss dieses Seminars haben die Teilnehmer Wissen zu folgenden Themen:
- Identify independent and dependent variables and measurement levels in their own analytical work scenarios.
- Identify variables of interest in relational database tables.
- Choose a data aggregation level and data set design appropriate for the intended analysis and tool.
- Use TSQL SELECT queries to produce ready-to-use data sets for analysis in tools such as PowerBI, SQL Server Reporting Services, Excel, R, SAS, SPSS, and others.
- Create stored procedures, views, and functions to modularize data retrieval code.