This course introduces basic partitioning concepts and operations for IBM Power System servers. Topics include the resource configuration rules for partitions, how to create and manage partitions, use partition and system profiles, perform dynamic resource changes, and configure I/O devices such as physical adapters and SR-IOV logical ports.
Students will practice using new features of the HMC V8 Enhanced+ interface in the hands-on exercises such as creating partitions from templates, using the properties panels for dynamic changes, and pinning HMC panels.
This course provides lectures and hands on labs in an instructor lead course environment, either in a face-to-face classroom or in a live virtual classroom environment (ILO - Instructor Led Online).
Nach Abschluss dieses Seminars haben die Teilnehmer Wissen zu folgenden Themen:
Describe partition processor, memory, and I/O configuration options
Create partitions using a partition template
Modify the partition configuration using the partition profile
Perform partition operations such as activating and shutting down
Dynamically add and remove resources in a partition
Configure and use I/O adapters and SR-IOV logical ports
Use HMC commands to perform partition operations
Dieses Seminar richtet sich an:
Für dieses Seminar werden folgende Kenntnisse empfohlen:
Students would benefit from general knowledge of IBM Power Systems servers and partitions; however no specific prerequisite skills are needed
- Day 1
- Unit 1 - Introduction to PowerVM and logical partitioning
- Exercise 1 - Introduction to PowerVM and logical partitioning
- Unit 2 - Using the HMC to manage servers and partitions
- Exercise 2 - Using the HMC to manage servers and partitions
- Day 2
- Unit 3 - Planning and configuring logical partitions
- Exercise 3 - Planning and configuring logical partitions
- Unit 4 - Configuring I/O resources
- Exercise 4 - Configuring I/O resources