This course teaches IBM Spectrum Scale version 4.1.
The course is intended for IT professionals tasked with administering an IBM Spectrum Scale system on Linux and AIX environments. This course includes information on installing, configuring, and monitoring an IBM Spectrum Scale cluster. Many features are described and tested on lab activities including: Storage management, High availability options, cluster management, and information lifecycle management (ILM) tools.
Note: Although the lab is created to run on Linux, because the Spectrum Scale differences running on an AIX environment are minor, the skills intended to be acquired during the course include both Linux and AIX.
Training Paths that reference this course are:
IBM Platform Spectrum Scale
This course is intended for:
- System administrators and technical personnel wanting to learn IBM Spectrum Scale.
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- The student is expected to have a good understanding of UNIX/Linux, SAN, and Storage concepts.
- IBM Spectrum Scale 4.1 system administration introduction
- Installation and basic configuration
- The IBM Spectrum Scale cluster
- ILM tools
- High availability
- Management and monitoring
- Tuning, troubleshooting and recovery
- Clustered NFS (cNFS)
- Active File Management
- File Placement Optimizer
- IBM Spectrum Scale 4.1 encryption
- IBM Spectrum Scale native RAID