This course teaches you navigation, operational, and recovery techniques for the Hardware Management Console in the System z environment. Through lecture and hands-on exercises, you learn setup and operating procedures for the Hardware Management Console (HMC), gain in-depth problem determination skills, practice HMC operations, and utilize recovery capabilities provided by the System z servers.
Training Paths that reference this course are:
z/OS Operation and Parallel Sysplex
z/OS Installation, Tuning, JES, and REXX Programming and Problem Diagnosis
Operations personnel and technical staff who are directly involved in the installation, operation, systems support, and software support of their System z mainframe environment.
You should have an understanding of: Basic data processing and I/O concepts and terminology
z/OS console operation, including display of device, job, and console status
- Day 1
- Unit 1: IBM mainframe server hardware: Overview
- Unit 2: Using the HMC classic style user interface
- Unit 3: Using the HMC tree style user interface
- Unit 4: Using the HMC to monitor System z servers
- Supporting labs
- Day 2
- Unit 5: Activation profiles and operational tasks
- Unit 6: Single object operation: CPC session Supporting labs