This course will teach participants how to develop applications for the IBM PureData System for Analytics (PDA) N1001,N2001 and N3001 appliance.
This course is designed to give the participant an overview of the IBM PureData System for Analytics (PDA) architecture and provide a working knowledge and understanding of the PDA SQL and development features as well as development best practices. It includes content and labs on the features introduced in NPS 7 including full schema support. The lab environment is an N2002-005 physical appliance.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Develop SQL applications
- Know how to use various ETL/ELT tools
- Create databases, tables and schemas
- Determine distribution methods
- Set up Clustered Base Tables
- Load and unload tables
- Generate statistics
- Analyze query plans
- Create materialized views
- Reclaim unused disk space
- Program stored procedures
This course is intended for:
This intermediate course is for application developers, and data warehouse analysts who want to develop applications for the IBM PureData System for Analytics (PDA) N1001 and N2001 and N3001 appliance. It will give the intended audience an overview of the IBM PureData System for Analytics (PDA) architecture and provide a working knowledge and understanding of the PDA SQL and development features as well as development best practices.
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
Participants are required to have a working knowledge of UNIX or Linux, experience with shell scripting, experience with VI editing,
and basic SQL.
- Unit 1: PureData System for Analytics Overview
- Unit 2: IBM PDA Architecture
- Unit 3: NzAdmin, NzPortal and Aginity Workbench
- Unit 4: Database and tables and schemas
- Unit 5: Data Distribution
- Unit 6: Loading and Unloading Tables with external tables
- Unit 7: nzload
- Unit 8: Statistics
- Unit 9: Optimizer and Query Plans
- Unit 10: Zone maps and Clustered Base Tables (CBT)
- Unit 11: Materialized Views
- Unit 12: Transactions
- Unit 13: Groom
- Unit 14: Stored Procedures