In the Oracle Database Security: Preventive Controls course, students learn how they can use Oracle Database
Security products and technologies to meet the security, privacy and compliance requirements of their organization.
The current regulatory environment of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, HIPAA, the UK Data Protection Act, and others, requires
better security at the database level. Students learn how to secure the access to their databases and how to use the
Oracle Database Security products and technologies that enhance data access and confidentiality. The course provides
suggested Oracle solutions for common problems.
- Choose Oracle Database Security products and technologies to meet security requirements.
- Secure the database access by database or enterprise users with basic or strong authentication such as SSL, Kerberos and Radius.
- Protect against database bypass by using Transparent Database Encryption.
- Use Oracle Wallets and Oracle Key Vault to manage encryption keys.
- Discover sensitive columns such as Credit Card Numbers by using Application Data Modeling.
- Minimize sensitive data proliferation to test/dev environments by using Data Masking.
- Minimize storage costs in test/dev environments by using Data Subsetting.
- Reduce sensitive data exposure in applications by using Data Redaction.
- Understand and use Oracle Database Vault.
Benefits To You
This course discusses the following security features of the database: authentication, data access control including user
authorizations by using privileges and roles, data confidentiality including Data Redaction, Oracle Data Masking and
Subsetting, Transparent Sensitive Data Protection, encryption at the column, tablespace and file levels by using
Transparent Data Encryption. This course discusses the use of the Oracle Key Vault to centrally manage keys across
the enterprise. Oracle Database Vault is used to enforce Separation of Duties at the DBA level.
Hands-on practices and available demonstrations help students learn how to use most of the features of Oracle
Database 12c to secure their data center, by using Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control or other simple tools such
Weitere Seminare zum Thema