This non-workshop (lecture-only) course is designed to provide continuing education for system administrators who have extensive experience with previous levels of Power Systems hardware, PowerVM, AIX and related software products. It covers Power Systems product enhancements that were announced in September and October 2016.
The course covers details of the new POWER8 processor-based systems, along with enhancements and new features for previously announced systems. It also covers new functionality and product enhancements provided with PowerVM 2.2.5, Virtual I/O Server V2.2.5, HMC V8 R8.6.0, PowerVM NovaLink V184.108.40.206, AIX V7.2 TL1, AIX V7.1 TL4 SP3, PowerVC V1.3.2, and PowerHA SystemMirror V7.2.1.
Nach Abschluss dieses Seminars haben die Teilnehmer Wissen zu folgenden Themen:
- Discuss new POWER8 processor-based servers
- Discuss enhancements to existing POWER8 processor-based servers
- Describe new features of PowerVM V2.2.5, including:
- vNIC device failover support
- Live Partition Mobility enhancements
- New SEA attributes for failover control
- PowerVM NovaLink V220.127.116.11 enhancements
- Describe new features of AIX V7.2, including:
- AIX Live Update enhancements
- Describe new features of PowerVC V1.3.2
- Describe new features of PowerHA System Mirror V7.2.1