This non-workshop (lecture-only) course is designed to provide continuing education for system administrators who have extensive experience with previous levels of Power Systems hardware, PowerVM, AIX and related software products. It covers Power Systems product enhancements that were announced in September and October 2016.
The course covers details of the new POWER8 processor-based systems, along with enhancements and new features for previously announced systems. It also covers new functionality and product enhancements provided with PowerVM 2.2.5, Virtual I/O Server V2.2.5, HMC V8 R8.6.0, PowerVM NovaLink V22.214.171.124, AIX V7.2 TL1, AIX V7.1 TL4 SP3, PowerVC V1.3.2, and PowerHA SystemMirror V7.2.1.
Nach Abschluss dieses Seminars haben die Teilnehmer Wissen zu folgenden Themen:
- Discuss new POWER8 processor-based servers
- Discuss enhancements to existing POWER8 processor-based servers
- Describe new features of PowerVM V2.2.5, including:
- vNIC device failover support
- Live Partition Mobility enhancements
- New SEA attributes for failover control
- PowerVM NovaLink V126.96.36.199 enhancements
- Describe new features of AIX V7.2, including:
- AIX Live Update enhancements
- Describe new features of PowerVC V1.3.2
- Describe new features of PowerHA System Mirror V7.2.1
Dieses Seminar richtet sich an:
- This advanced course is for anyone responsible for system administrative duties including implementing and managing IBM POWER7 or POWER8 processor-based servers running AIX and Linux.
Für dieses Seminar werden folgende Kenntnisse empfohlen:
- AN12G: Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration
- AN14G: AIX Jumpstart for UNIX Professionals The PowerVM, Virtual I/O Server and HMC prerequisite skills can be met by attending the following courses or students can have equivalent skills.
- AN30G: Power Systems for AIX - Virtualization I: Implementing Virtualization
- AN31G: Power Systems for AIX - Virtualization II: Advanced PowerVM and Performance
- AN32G: Power Systems for AIX - Virtualization III: Implementing Shared Storage Pools
- AN33G: Implementing PowerVM Live Partition Mobility
- Unit 1 - What's new in Power Systems hardware
- Unit 2 - What's new in PowerVM
- Unit 3 - What's new in AIX
- Unit 4 - What's new in other Power Systems software