IBM Transformation Extender performs transformation and routing of data from source systems to target systems in batch and real-time environments. Through a combination of lectures and hands-on lab exercises, this course is intended to teach you how to use the IBM Transformation Extender Design Studio to define, transform, and route business objects and complex flat file data. Specific topics that are covered by the course include an overview of the IBM Transformation Extender product and its features, creating and deploying maps, working with a resource registry, retrieving/updating data from database. Hands-on exercises give you practical experience with skills such as optimizing maps, handling and logging errors, defining data, and indexing output.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define workspaces and projects that use the Eclipse workbench.
- Use the Type Designer to define data structures, data properties, and data components as type trees.
- Validate type trees to ensure that they accurately describe the data.
- Transform flat files that use the Map Designer.
- Use type design and mapping techniques to improve validation and throughput.
- Use the Resource Registry to improve portability between operating environments.
- Implement error handling.
- Optimize map performance.